The Pacifics Community Fund
The San Rafael Pacifics organization measures success by more than wins, batting averages or championships. The Pacifics believe that success includes a significant positive impact on the children of the Marin County community and are ready to demonstrate that commitment through the Pacifics Community Fund.
“The Pacifics Community Fund works with the San Rafael Pacifics organization using the game of baseball as a platform for encouraging underserved children of Marin County to live healthy, happy lives while promoting the importance of education and sportsmanship."
While the season was capped off by our third championship in the past four years, it is more important to underscore how much a minor league baseball team, like the Pacifics, means to the quality of life and the social fabric of a community and how much that depends on the support of our donors.
Pacifics' donors helped assure that we could continue to provide low-cost family entertainment to thousands of Marin County residents as well as to support a wide range of community-based programs that provide fun activities and events for our fans and fundamental skills programs for kids who can't afford private camps.
- Community Appearances: Players and staff appeared at over 35 schools, senior scenters, community groups, hospitals and local businesses
- Camps and Clinics: Over 250 local kids participated in free camps and clinics with Pacifics players
- Summer Jobs: Provided over 30 local teens with summer jobs
- Nonprofit Events and Fundraisers: Conducted over 30 events and fundraisers for local nonprofits
- Donations: Gave ticket donations to over 100 schools and nonprofit groups valued at over $15,000
It is our hope that you will see the value in supporting the Pacifics. Because of your donations, we are able to create an organization that delivers so much joy to kids, families, seniors and our friends and neighbors throughout the county.
- "Thanks, we all had a GREAT time! The Pacifics who did the clinic were fantastic, wow! We'll be back!"
- "Hudson said that was the best camp he ever went to and he helped him decide to play fall ball! He learned so much about sportsmanship and baseball technique and enjoyed all the coaches very much! Thank you."
- "Everyone has been so great and wonderful, courteous and best of all the kids enjoyed and learned from the experience, thank you again."
"My boys said it was the best camp they've done. We love the Pacifics and the boys were so happy to be with some of the players. Glad you sent out this survey because I was going to email you. Great job! Thank you."
For information regarding the Pacifics Community Fund, please contact Bill Spiller at firstname.lastname@example.org.